Montag, 7. Dezember 2015

Making gingerbread houses

As last year, my sister and I decided to make a gingerbread house again. But this year we were joined by my boyfriend as well. Together we made 2 witch's houses and one family home.  We used the same recipe as last year except that we substituted butter for margarine and only left the dough to rest for a 1-2 hours instead of a whole night. We spend the majority of the afternoon to make, knead and bake the dough, although I have to point out that we also used a fair amount of time to design our houses. Especially Jon who made a detailed blueprint of his. My sister used the template we made last year, but she added a really cool awning and changed the entrance to the side wall. I wanted to make a crooked looking house this year.  In the evening we finally managed to decorate using loads of icing and sweets. It was a really nice day! Generally I'm quite satisfies with my house, I just really wish a had a small piping bag to do detailed piping.













Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen